Hello Loyal Subscribers and First Time Readers!
A few weeks ago I created a fake playlist of songs that I though the protagonists, Benedick and Beatrice, might want to hear during moments of the play. So I decided to do another one for R&J!
For those of you who didn’t read the older post, this is a game!
The way it works is I provide you with a list of the events that happen to Romeo, and then a fake ipod Playlist screen. This screen has a group of songs that I chose because I feel Romeo might want them as part of his ‘internal soundtrack.’ So if Romeo is feeling sad at a particular moment, you look at the playlist and try to pick a song that would match his mood. Today is Romeo’s playlist and tomorrow I’ll do Juliet’s.
Anyway, enough gabbing. LET’S PLAY!
Part I: Events that Happen To Romeo (In Chronological Order)
- Romeo is distraught because Rosalind will not give in to his romantic advances
- Romeo is disappointed when he finds out that the Montegues and the Capulets have been fighting again.
- Benvolio convinces Romeo to get over himself and go crash the party at the Capulet’s.
- Romeo dances at the Capulet Ball and is immediately stuck with true love.
- Romeo realizes with horror that his true love is a Capulet; his family’s enemy.
- Determined to seize the moment, Romeo climbs the orchard wall under Juliet’s balcony and risks death to talk to her.
- Having already plotted with the Friar and Nurse, Romeo secretly marries Juliet
- Romeo attempts to break up a fight between his friend Mercutio, and his new cousin, Tybalt.
- Full of rage after Tybalt kills Mercutio, Romeo challenges Tybalt to a duel and wins.
- Romeo is once again distraught and full of self-hatred for killing Tybalt. He hides in Friar Lawrence’s cell, and thinks about what he has done.
- Romeo sneaks once again into Juliet’s room and spends one last tender night with her before he has to leave for Mantua.
- Hearing that Juliet has died, Romeo is once again full of rage for the whole of humanity. He resolves to go back to Verona and die by Juliet.
- Feeling strangely at peace, Romeo bids farewell to his beloved Juliet, drinks a poison, and dies.
- Epilogue: Through Romeo’s death, his father reconciles with Capulet.
Part II- The playlist- Try to match these songs with the events above.
So now you know the rules, enjoy the game. Send your answers to us by leaving a comment below or by emailing me here: